The cocktail is rightfully the first course at every dinner party.
It also serves as the perfect way to wind down after a hard day. However, making a good cocktail takes skill and knowledge gained from a long time of experience. Fortunately, if you are interested, there are experts who can help you enhance your skills in cocktail preparation. Here at River Street Liquor in Savannah, we will teach you how to set up your bar, the beverages you need for a well-stocked pantry, and anything related to what a liquor store has to offer for your at-home cocktail party.
Supplies For A Bar
Your bar needs skilled bartenders who know how to work behind the bar professionally and give clients consistently good beverages. It requires more than simply the appropriate drink, mixes, and other cocktail ingredients from the bartender’s stockpile. To mix and serve drinks swiftly and efficiently, they require the right equipment.
Here’s a list of equipment from the River Street Liquor store for everything you will need in your cocktail preparation.
- Blender – Making frozen drinks necessitates the use of a blender. Don’t skimp on the quality of the blender you use to mix your cocktails.
- Bar Spoon – This long-handled spoon is for stirring mixed cocktails in tall glasses. You can even layer drinks with the spoon’s back.
- Bottle Opener – A bottle opener should be kept in the bartender’s toolkit at all times. It’s a crucial bar tool.
- Corkscrews – This is a corkscrew-style wine opener. Corkscrews come in a broad class of designs.
- Cocktail Shaker – Shakers come in two varieties, the classic cocktail shaker and the Boston shaker, both with a mixing glass. They’re great for agitating your mixed cocktails.
- Cocktail Pourer – The cocktail pourer gives you more control when pouring drinks into a glass or cocktail shaker.
- Ice Crusher – Ice crusher, also known as an ice shaver, is a piece of kitchen equipment designed to crush ice easily.
- Ice Bucket – The ice bucket serves as a holding receptacle for the ice.
- Knife and Cutting Boards – You need a sharp paring knife and a small chopping board to prepare your fruit garnishes.
- Juicer – Juicers come in a wide variety of designs and styles. There are both manual and motorized juicers. A juicer’s primary function is to extract citrus juice.
- Jigger – Basically, this is a cup for measuring things out. Jiggers come in a wide range of sizes. The most widely used is a double-ended jigger with 1 and 1/2 ounce measuring cups.
- Peeler – Peelers, which remove fruit skins with a sharp, stainless-steel blade, are indispensable bar tools.
- Muddler – A wooden stick for mixing things in a blender. Crushing cherries and mint leaves in various mixed beverages call for the use of this tool.
Other essential equipment:
- Bar Mats
- Service Mats
- Ice Kit
You will now be ready to provide excellent beverages to your friends while optimizing your bar’s operations with these necessary bar tools and equipment.
Top Popular Cocktails in the city of Savannah and the rest of the world!
- Old Fashioned
- Whisky Sour
- Moscow Mule
- Dry Martini
- Espresso Martini
- Aperol Spritz
Must-Have Cocktail Ingredients by River Street Liquor Store
Now that you have the ideas about the equipment needed for cocktail preparation let’s dive into the must-have ingredients for those popular cocktails.
Ice serves two purposes in a cocktail: first, it dilutes the drink, and second, it cools. You can either purchase ice cubes or prepare them yourself in your freezer. However, be cautious not to run out of supplies!
Soda water is carbonated water commonly used in famous drinks, including the Mojito, Tom Collins, and Americano. It’s impossible to make a cocktail without soda water; it’s a great filler and can give your drink an extra kick of rehydration.
Lime Juice and Garnish
Cocktails, as previously mentioned, are often made with one sweet and one sour ingredient. Lime juice is a traditional sour component that can be made by squeezing fresh limes directly into the drink or purchased ready to pour. It works because it lessens the alcohol’s taste, making the beverage more palatable while still bringing out the flavor of a cocktail like the Margarita. A garnish is usually required for most cocktails for them to be considered complete. Garnishes not only provide visual appeal, but the correct one may elevate the taste of your drink by adding a whole new dimension of flavor. You can experiment with a variety of simple garnishes to give your cocktails a unique look and flavor.
Other Essential Garnishes
Even the simplest cocktail components may be elevated and their flavors amplified by adding eye-catching finishing touches. The essentials include peeling citrus fruits like limes, lemons, oranges, and fresh herbs and spices like rosemary, mint, basil, and cinnamon sticks.
White rum is a tasty distilled spirit created from molasses or sugarcane juice. It is a versatile spirit and is the foundation of many popular cocktails, including the Mojito and the Daiquiri.
Whiskey is a significant and ever-expanding industry. Whiskey cocktails continue to get better and better as time goes on. To get the whole whiskey experience, a few tried and tested recipes must be used. The Manhattan and the Whiskey Sour are two of the best-selling drinks at the City of Savan