Cooking or hosting breakfast at home is one of our favorite ways to spend a weekend. It always includes some of our favorite recipes and a fantastic cocktail. Look no further for a refreshing drink recipe if you are hosting a brunch. Whether you are throwing a baby shower, bridal shower, Mother’s Day, or simply dining a special meal, we’ve got you covered!
Brunch drinks don’t have to be head-spinning heavyweight cocktails! You just need to make it light, airy, and colorful for everyone. Here’s a list of our favorite brunch beverages that will elevate your next Sunday brunch!
1. Strawberry Mimosa
Fresh strawberry orange juice mixed with champagne is one of the best mimosa recipes and a fun drink for any occasion. These strawberry mimosas are about to elevate your brunch game.
Strawberry Mimosa Ingredients:
The strawberry mimosa is a charming twist on the classic drink that includes fresh berries. The following are the ingredients of a strawberry mimosa:
- Fresh strawberries
- Store-bought orange juice
- Champagne, Prosecco, or your favorite sparkling wine
Tip: Freshly squeezed orange juice or store-bought orange juice with pulp work best for mimosas. Orange juice with pulp tastes more like freshly squeezed orange juice.
Strawberry Mimosa Ingredients:
- Blend strawberries and orange juice until smooth in a blender.
- Pour champagne into a flute while holding the glass at a 45-degree angle.
- If desired, garnish with strawberries and orange-strawberry juice. Fresh strawberries are a delightful way to spice things up.
2. Sea Breeze Cocktail
Are you looking for a chilled, fruity, and refreshing drink? Why not try the Sea Breeze cocktail? It tastes exactly like its name suggests: light, breezy, and straightforward. It’s perfect for a social happy hour, a light brunch cocktail, or a late-night hot drink.
Sea Breeze Cocktail Ingredients:
- A thin slice of lime
- 50ml vodka
- 50ml grapefruit
- 100ml cranberry juice
How To Make A Sea Breeze Cocktail
- Pour the vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice into a large glass half-filled with ice.
- Stir carefully until the drink is cold to the touch, then decorate with a lime slice.
3. Bloody Mary
The finest Bloody Mary is flavorful, spicy, tangy, and salty all at the same time. It’s perfect for brunch, but we’ll be honest: we always want these.
The Brunch Cocktail Queen! The Ultimate Loaded Bloody Mary is a pick-your-own experience that starts with a fiery handmade Bloody Mary mix and vodka, then adds trimmings and a sticky BBQ pork rib! It’s the ideal interactive cocktail for your next party or get-together and is also great for brunch!
Bloody Mary Ingredients:
- Celery salt
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- parsley sprig, green olives, lime wedge, and celery stalk for garnish
How To Make A Bloody Mary
- On a small plate, sprinkle some celery salt.
- Rub the lemon or lime wedge’s juicy side against the pint glass’s lip.
- Fill the glass with ice and set it aside after rolling the outer border of the glass in celery salt.
- Place the lemon and lime wedges in a shaker and shake actively.
- Shake gently with ice to combine the vodka, tomato juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire, black pepper, paprika, and a touch of celery salt.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared glass with ice.
- Garnish with parsley sprig, green olives, lime wedge, and celery stalk. Enjoy!
4. Irish Coffee
When made correctly, Irish coffee is a beautiful way to commemorate a special occasion or can be a leisurely Sunday Brunch Cocktail. Sweetened coffee, Irish whiskey, and (of course) whipped cream are the perfect combo. It’s warm, tasty, and super simple to make.
Irish Coffee Ingredients:
- 16 oz. hot water
- 2 tsp. brown sugar (light)
- 1 cup freshly made coffee
- 2 oz. Irish Whiskeys, like Jameson or other brands
- Cream or whipped cream
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
How To Make An Irish Coffee
- In a large glass, pour sugar into hot coffee, stir to dissolve, and then add whiskey. Mix until everything is completely dissolved.
- Whisk the cream in a separate basin until soft peaks form, either with an electric mixer or by hand. It should be thick but pourable cream. Pour cream over coffee and spread it out with the back of a warm spoon to produce a thick layer.
- Optional: garnish with freshly grated nutmeg. Serve and enjoy!
5. White Wine Sangria
White wine sangria is a light, refreshing drink that’s perfect for a hot summer day, and it only takes a few simple ingredients to make. The longer the sangria sits, the better it gets. Allow the sangria to chill in the refrigerator before serving to allow the flavors to blend. The sangria will get more delicious and sweeter. Wait until you are ready to serve before adding the seltzer.
White Wine Sangria Ingredients:
- 1/4 c. sugar granules
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1 cubed mango
- 1 sliced peach
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 sliced lime
- 1 (750 mL) bottle of white wine, chilled
- 2 ounces brandy, optional
- 1 c. seltzer
How To Make A White Wine Sangria
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- In a pitcher, squeeze the juice from the citrus wedges. Remove the seeds and place them in the wedges if possible. Fill the pitcher with orange juice instead of water.
- Pour the white wine over the fruit in the pitcher.
- Add the brandy and sugar if used. To ensure that all of the sugar is dissolved, stir firmly.
- Stir in the white wine and seltzer to mix. Chill before serving.
A specialty drink makes any occasion more joyous, and brunch is no exception. Sunday brunch is more than just a meal to start the day—it’s an opportunity to spend time with family and friends, eat sweet and savory meals, and, of course, sip a fantastic cocktail. With the selection of our favorite Sunday brunches, we hope to make your next brunch one to remember.
What are some of your favorite Sunday brunch cocktails? Please share your thoughts in email !